Spray

Spray

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Maintenance

Yesterday I did some routine maintenance. The Westerbeke 44B diesel engine had 138 hours which means that we've put 100 hours on Spray since we bought her almost two years ago. I changed the engine oil, oil filter, pencil zinc anode, and fuel pump filter. I used the Chevron DELO 400 LE 15w-40 oil which the mechanics in the area recommend. This was the third oil and filter change since we've owned Spray. In July 2007 Spray was re-powered by the previous owner down at Driscoll's in San Diego. The engine was manufactured in June 2007 so it is requires the low sulfur lubricating oils. I also added distilled water to the starter and house batteries. I started the engine and verified that there were no leaks. The engine purred like a kitten and is ready for our next trip to the islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers